intensive Anti-wrinkle skin care
Skin care article: Dry Skin
ost cosmetics skin care Articles: dry skin
General dry skin care
- Avoid overexposure to the sun and always use sun block
- Wear gloves while washing dishes or cleaning around the house to avoid harsh detergents and cleaners aggravating the skin
- Use mild, PH-balanced or moisturizing gels and soaps in the shower
- Maintain the skin well hydrated and protected with creams that contain effective moisturizers such as hyaluronic acid
- Clean pores of dirt and oil by steaming (place head over sink with hot water and cover with a towel). This will also stimulate circulation and moisturize the skin
- Assure the air inside the house isn't too dry, particularly with air conditioning and central heating. Place bowls of water near heating units or wet towels on radiators
- Take baths with chamomile oil mixed in the water
- Ensure that your laundry detergent doesn't aggravate your skin's condition.
DRY SKIN CARE MASKS
Honey and Plazan mask
Mix 100 g of honey with the juice from half a lemon and two teaspoonfuls of High-molecular Plazan.
Use the mask daily, apply it for 15 minutes, then wash it off with cool water.
Keep in a glass jar in a refrigerator.
Egg yolk and Plazan mask
Mix a teaspoonful of High-molecular Plazan with an egg yolk and apply to skin for 10 minutes, then wash it off with lukewarm water.
Apply the mask twice a week.
After applying any of the above masks it is essential to use a hydrating cream such as those in the Plazan Gold or Silver series.
It is also known that during our life we only use 1/3 of our full organism's biological potential - it means that we could be still look and feel young in our 70s. Read full article: Skin Aging
Our skin consists of three main layers - epidermis, dermis, subcutaneous - each of which has various sub-layers. The epidermis is the outer layer of constantly regenerating cells that gradually keratinize and flake off as they move from the innermost layer to the outermost. Under this, we have the dermis - a complex layer of elastic (elastin) and inelastic (collagen) connective tissue, oil, scent and sweat glands, hair follicles, blood vessels, and nerve fibers all 'cemented' together with a hyaluronic acid gel. Then finally the subcutaneous is a fatty tissue with connective fibers, larger blood vessels and nerve fibers.
Dry skin and its causes
Dry skin has a rough, dull looking texture without shine. Pores tend to be smaller as less oil is produced causing the skin to be more vulnerable to chapping, flaking and wrinkles if not well hydrated.
Although some people are genetically predisposed to dry skin, environmental influences are often the principal cause of dried, chapped or irritated skin. Cold, dry weather, harsh detergents and soaps, prolonged exposure to the sun and an inadequate water consumption can all contribute to dry skin. And if the skin remains too dry for too long it can cause more serious skin problems.
Finally, it must be also considered the quality of the components Plazan use in skin treatment and care. The best and most effective skin care cosmeceuticals are those based on placental cell extracts, not plant or animal sources. Placental cells are 100% compatible with those components found naturally in skin cells so are readily accepted into the skin biosynthesis processes. Plant extracts are not as readily accepted by our bodies and may create a dependency, requiring an increasing amount of active ingredients to maintain the skin's health as time goes by.